Dominika Zareba – author of Poland’s first book dedicated to ecotourism (“Ekoturystyka”, PWN, 3rd ed. 2010). Writer, freelance columnist and traveler, author of tourist guides and books. Co-founder of the Bezdroża Publishing House. She laid the foundations for the greenways program in Poland and initiated creation of greenway networks across Central and Eastern Europe. She is active with many environmental NGOs in Poland and world-wide. Dominika is the Chief of the Board of Trustees of the Partnership Fund and the international expert of the Environmental Partnership Association which brings together six foundations running programs in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria (www.environmentalpartnership.org).
I work mostly with the analog photography and write, trying to combine Image & Word to express the diversity of the world in which we can still find beauty, mystery, and harmony. My homeland is Central Europe, my hometown – Krakow, a mystical and artistic city. My work was exposed in dozens of books and publications, art exhibitions, galleries and cafes.
- 2004: finalist of the artistic performance „Photomovement of Kazimierz”, Krakow
- 2005: 2nd prize, Photo-contest „Magical Cracow”, International Culture Center, Krakow
- 2006: 1st prize, Photo-contest „Photoreportage”, Fundation for Development of Local Education RITA, Warsaw
- 2012: Distinction in the international photo-contest „Exposure” and publication n the Exposure 2012 Catalogue published in N.Y.
- 2013: Distinction in the international photo-contest Exposure – See Me and presentation of photos on the Exposure 2013 exhibition in Long Island, N.Y.
- 2000: Culture and Religion of Mongols, Ethnographic Museum, Krakow (with Tomasz Ostrowski)
- 2004: Photomovement of Kazimierz, Les Couleurs Cafe, Krakow
- 2004: Impressions from Lanckorona, Lanckorona Galery (Dom Golonki), Lanckorona
- 2005: Belarussian impressions. Winter-Summer, Chimera Restaurant, Krakow
- 2007: Colours and women inspirations from El Mundo Maya, Spokój Cafe, Krakow, Cafe Pensjonat Lanckorona
- 2007: Discovering of Belarus, International Culture Center, Krakow
- 2008: Discovering of Belarus, Polish Culture Institute, Minsk, Belarus
- 2009: Balkan trumpets of Guca, Cafe Szafe, Krakow
- 2011: Andalusia, where passion begins, Por Fiesta Club, Krakow
- 2011: Ecotourism in Belarus, National Library in Minsk, Belarus
- 2012: Andalusia and flamenco, Cafe Pensjonat Lanckorona
- 2013: Andalusian artistic inspirations (Dominika Zaręba, Remko Jontgien, Mariusz Kusion), Por Fiesta Club, Krakow
- 2013: Southern artistic inspirations (Dominika Zaręba, Aleksandra Zapolska, Mariusz Kusion)
- Pałac pod Baranami, Krakow
- 2013: Andalusian stories – photography and poethry (Dominika Zaręba, Mariusz Kusion), Biblioteka Sopocka, Sopot
- 2013: Photo-choreo-poethry „Andalusian inspiration”, Theatre – Teatr L. Solskiego, Tarnow